- This event has passed.
Lubricant Analysis Category 1
1 March 2021 @ 9:00 am - 5 March 2021 @ 4:30 pm
Lubricant Analysis Category 1 is ideal for those looking for an introduction into lubrication analysis. The course will enable the candidate to establish competency in the fundamental key skills and understanding of lubrication and laboratory testing.
The course is designed to help candidates get more out of their lubrication strategy by learning industry best practices, the principles of lubricant selection, lubricant storage and management procedures, and much more.
This course is based on the ISO 18436-4 certification program for lubricant analysis category 1. The course runs over four days with an additional half day for review and optional BINDT PCN certification exam.
- Gain a basic understanding of lubricants
- Understand the different laboratory tests and why they are performed
- Know the effects of poor lubrication in machinery
- Understand lubricant selection
- Be aware of the different oil sampling techniques
- Know how to interpret results and reports
- Capable of storing and managing lubricants
- Maintenance Strategies
- Lubrication Theory and Fundamentals
- Lubricant selection
- Principles of lubricant selection
- Lubricant storage and management
- Lubricant health monitoring
- Wear debris monitoring and analysis
- Report interpretation
- Lubricant contamination measurement and control
- Oil sampling Procedures
You will undergo a series of formative assessments throughout the duration of the course. Towards the end of the course, there will be an internal summative assessment in the form of a written exam. Candidates will be expected to achieve a +70% overall score in order to pass.
The BINDT PCN certification examination can be taken immediately after the successful completion of the course.