Vibration Analysis Category 2
4 October - 8 October
One event on 4 October 2021 at 12:00 am
Vibration Analysis Category 2 is ideal for those who have been performing vibration analysis for more than twelve months and already have a good understanding of the fundamentals, and now want to become more confident and accurate in their diagnoses and reporting.
Candidates who complete this course will understand how to set up an analyser for routine data collection, take accurate measurements, be capable of diagnosing a range of fault conditions and be confident in validating their test results in accordance with applicable specifications and standards.
This course is based on the ISO 18436-2 certification program for vibration analysis category 2. The course runs over four days with an additional half day for review and optional BINDT PCN certification exam.
- Select the appropriate machinery vibration measurement technique.
- Set up instruments for basic resolution of amplitude, frequency and time.
- Perform basic vibration analysis of machinery and components such as shafts, bearings, gears, fans, pumps and motors using spectrum analysis.
- Maintain a database of results and trends.
- Perform single-channel impact tests.
- Classify, interpret, and evaluate test results in accordance with applicable specifications and standards.
- Recommend minor corrective actions, and understand basic single plane field balancing concepts.
- Principles of Vibration
- Data Acquisition
- Signal Processing
- Condition Monitoring
- Fault Analysis
- Corrective Action
- Equipment Knowledge
- Acceptance Testing
- Equipment Testing and Diagnostics
- Reference Standards
- Reporting and Documentation
- Fault Severity Determination
You will undergo a series of formative assessments throughout the duration of the course. Towards the end of the course, there will an internal summative assessments in the form of a written exam. Candidates will be expected to achieve a +70% overall score in order to pass.
The BINDT certification exam can be taken immediately after successful completion of the course, but the certification can only be awarded after the attendee has logged 18 months relevant vibration analysis experience.