Vibration Analysis Category 1
7 February 2022 @ 9:00 am - 11 February 2022 @ 4:30 pm
Vibration Analysis Category 1 is intended for personnel who are new to vibration monitoring and analysis, and want to learn the fundamentals to perform a range of simple single-channel machinery vibration condition monitoring and diagnostics of machines activities.
Candidates who complete this course will come away with a good understanding on how to collect accurate vibration measurements, recognise common vibration characteristics produced by basic machine faults, have a good awareness of key international standards covering vibration condition monitoring, and be able to report on visual observations of equipment condition.
This course is based on the ISO 18436-2 certification program for vibration analysis category 1. The course runs over four days with an additional half day for review and optional BINDT PCN certification exam.
- Know of the basic principles of vibration and recognise the different units of measurement.
- Be able to collect reliable data, ensuring appropriate standards of repeatability.
- Be able to identify errors in the collected data.
- Can retrieve predefined measurement settings for use with VA equipment and transfer data between a data collector and vibration database.
- Capable of comparing overall or single-value vibration measurements against pre-established alert settings.
- Be able to identify deviations from the norm for single-value vibration values and trends.
- Report on visual observations of equipment condition.
- Principles of Vibration
- Data Acquisition
- Signal Processing
- Condition Monitoring
- Fault Analysis
- Corrective Action
- Equipment Knowledge
- Acceptance Testing
You will undergo a series of formative assessments throughout the duration of the course. Towards the end of the course, there will be two internal summative assessments in the form of a practical and written exam. Candidates will be expected to achieve a +70% overall score in order to pass. The BINDT certification exam can be taken immediately after successful completion of the course, but the certification can only be awarded after the attendee has logged 6 months relevant vibration analysis experience.