Vacancy: Laboratory Technician
Location: Unit 3a, Adwick Park, Rotherham S63 5AB
Job Type: Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8:00am – 4:30pm)
PCMS Engineering has a fantastic career opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to join our organisation and play a key role in our oil analysis service.
PCMS Engineering provides intelligent maintenance solutions to companies across every major industry. Our oil analysis service is part of our comprehensive maintenance portfolio. Our dedicated laboratory processes oil and grease samples, interprets the results to provide detailed reports to our clients via our web-based maintenance tool, OMEGA.
As a Laboratory Technician, you will be part of a team of technicians and analysts working together in a fast paced and thorough environment to provide an effective analytical service.
Specifically, you will:
- Prepare sample kit orders for dispatch
- Assist with stock taking
- Update and maintain all paperwork and sample storage as directed
- Use our LIMS system to log and interpret sample data
- Perform used oil analysis for routine condition maintenance while adhering to strict deadlines
- Perform preparation of samples and analytical procedures adhering to written methods
- Calibrate and maintain analytical equipment as required
- Conform to the Quality and Health and Safety Requirements including Quality Control tests
- Partake in internal and external audits
- Perform any other tasks associated with the smooth operation of the business as required
The right candidate will be enthusiastic, proactive and reliable. Task prioritisation is essential as well as attention to detail.
Lab experience is advantageous however not essential.
To be considered for this role, you must have 3 GCSEs preferably including Maths and Science at grade C or above.
Computer literate – proficient in the use of Business’s primary software packages
The ideal candidate will receive full training, ongoing support and an opportunity to build a career.
You will also receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, plus additional bank and public holidays.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org