Vacancy: Laboratory Assistant
Location: Unit 3a, Adwick Park, Rotherham S63 5AB
Job Type: Full time, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8:00am – 4:30pm)
PCMS Engineering has a fantastic career opportunity for a Laboratory Assistant to join our organisation and play a key role in our oil analysis service.
PCMS Engineering provide intelligent maintenance solutions to companies across every major industry. Our oil analysis service is part of our comprehensive maintenance portfolio. We process oil and/or grease samples through our dedicated laboratory and then analyse the results, providing detailed reports to our clients via our web-based maintenance tool, OMEGA.
As a Laboratory Assistant, you will support the laboratory team in order to provide an effective analytical service.
Specifically, you will:
- Prepare sample kit orders for despatch
- Assist with stocktaking
- Update and maintain all work records, filing and sample storage as directed.
- Perform used oil analysis for routine condition maintenance
- Perform preparation and analytical procedures following written methods to strict deadlines
- Conform to the Quality and Health and Safety Requirements including Quality Control tests
- Partake in internal and external audits
- Ensure all oil analysis results are sent to customers as the results become available
- Perform any other tasks associated with the smooth operation of the business as required
The right candidate will be enthusiastic, proactive and reliable. You will enjoy working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and have a good attention to detail.
To be considered for this role, you must have 3 GCSE’s at grade C or above.
The ideal candidate will receive full training, ongoing support and an opportunity to build a career.
You will also receive:
- Competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Free onsite parking
- 25 days holiday, plus additional bank and public holidays.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to email@example.com