Our managed oil analysis service takes support to a higher level from routine analysis and reporting. It becomes part of your organisation’s condition based maintenance strategy and is used continuously over an extended period of time as a predictive and proactive conditioning monitoring tool – preventing the possibility of failure in critical equipment.
TAKE SUPPORT TO THE NEXT LEVELManaged Oil Analysis Service
We can help with:
- Component fault type identification and commonalities analysis
- Lubricant optimistation
- Lubricant recommendation, supply and trial programmes
- Root cause analysis
- Advanced analysis and troubleshooting
- Failure and metallurgical investigations
- Ferrography and Wear debris analysis
- Application of supporting CM technologies
- Oil sensors and on-site equipment
YOUR MAINTENANCE PROBLEMS. OUR SOLUTIONS.OUR SERVICE
Our managed oil analysis service is all about causing minimum distribution to our clients’ site or fleet, while providing fast, accurate and detailed results via our web-based reporting system, OMEGA.
- PCMS engineers and chemists work alongside your maintenance staff to recommend the appropriate levels of analysis.
- We supply you with the oil sample kits – including sample bottles, customer specific paperwork and prepaid envelopes.
- A PCMS Engineer, or a member of your staff (with full training and support from our engineers), collects the oil samples from your most critical equipment.
- The samples are sent to our independent laboratory using our free return postage service.
- We analyse the results and upload them to OMEGA. Each sample which exceeds the specified alarm or critical status are annotated with our engineer’s comments and recommendations.
TEST TYPES INCLUDEOil Analysis Test Types
Typical tests utilised in lubricating oil analysis include:
- ICP OES, wear metals, additives and contaminants
- Oil cleanliness/Particle counts (ISO4406/NAS standards)
- Infra-red (Soot, Oxidisation, Nitration and Sulphation)
- Total Acid Number
- Total Base Number
- Total Insoluble Matter (Soot and Oxidisation products)
- Total Ferrous Debris (FW/PQ Index)
- Ferrography and Wear debris analysis are carried out when necessary
TEST SUITES INCLUDEOil Analysis Test Suites
Test suites are determined based on component type, environmental considerations and customer requirements. In addition, bespoke analyses can be produced for
- Diesel fuel
- Brake fluid
- Transformer oil
Test types are assigned to one of three parameters: Wear, Contamination and Chemistry.
GET IN TOUCHContact us
For more information regarding our managed oil analysis service, contact us on 01709 876712 or email email@example.com