Oil analysis is a well-proven technique for monitoring difficult-to-access components in equipment that is being operated dynamically. Sampling and analysing your equipment on a regular basis establishes a baseline of normal wear and can indicate when abnormal wear or contamination occurs.
ONE-OFF SAMPLESOil Analysis Sampling
YOUR MAINTENANCE PROBLEMS. OUR SOLUTIONS.our service
Our no hassle oil analysis service is all about causing minimum distribution to our clients’ site or fleet, while providing fast, accurate and detailed results via our web-based reporting system, OMEGA.
- Our engineers and chemists work alongside your managers and engineers to recommend the appropriate level of analysis.
- We supply you with the oil sample kits – including sample bottles, customer specific paperwork and prepaid envelopes.
- A PCMS Engineer, or a member of your staff (with full training and support from our engineers), collect the oil samples from your most critical equipment.
- The samples are sent to our independent laboratory using our free return postage service.
- We analyse the results and upload them to OMEGA. Each sample which exceeding the specified alarm or critical status are annotated with our engineer’s comments and recommendations.
- Our typical sample turnaround is 1-3 working days.
TEST TYPES INCLUDEOIL ANALYSIS TEST TYPES
Typical tests utilised in lubricating oil analysis include:
- ICP OES, wear metals, additives and contaminants
- Oil cleanliness, (ISO4406/NAS standards)
- Infra-red (Soot, Oxidisation, Nitration and Sulphation)
- Total Acid Number
- Total Base Number
- Total Insoluble Matter (Soot and Oxidisation products)
- Total Ferrous Debris (FW/PQ Index)
- Ferrography and Wear debris analysis are carried out when necessary
TEST SUITES INCLUDEOIL ANALYSIS TEST SUITES
Test suites are determined based on component type, environmental considerations and customer requirements. In addition, bespoke analyses can be produced for
- Diesel fuel
- Brake fluid
- Transformer oil
Test types are assigned to one of three parameters: Wear, Contamination and Chemistry.
GET IN TOUCHContact us
For more information regarding our oil analysis service, contact us on 01709 876712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org