A PROVEN TRACK RECORDReliability Consulting
We have proven success in increasing asset reliability, reducing maintenance costs and improving productivity by providing reliability consulting services spanning across all major industries, particularly for those companies that operate within secure, sensitive or potentially hazardous environments.
We use recognised industry best practice standards to access, design and implement continuous improvement maintenance strategies that enable companies to move from predominately reactive to proactive cultures.
SOLUTIONS FOR INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCEEquipment Reliability
The foundation for any organisations process to achieve operational excellence lies in the implementation of a comprehensive equipment reliability programme.
The equipment reliability process represents the integration and coordination of a broad range of design, implementation and review activities into one efficient and effective plan for plant personnel to:
- Focus on critical assets (as defined by asset categorization process )
- Develop and implement long-term equipment health plans
- Monitor and address equipment performance and condition issues
- Make continuing adjustments to preventive maintenance tasks and frequencies based on equipment operating experience, the impact of ageing and the risk to the business.
YOUR JOURNEY TO SUCCESSThe Equipment Reliability Journey
It is paramount that before committing to an equipment reliability improvement programme that the time, effort and cost expectations are fully understood and have been based on a robust cost justified business case.
Successful programmes need to incorporate key enablers as integral stages of the journey:
- Create and communicate the company ‘VISION’
- Gain Senior Management Commitment and Sponsorship
- Establish the Goals of the Equipment Reliability Project
- Develop an Implementation Roadmap with Milestones
- Create effective critique and feedback process
GAIN A COMPETITIVE EDGEEquipment reliability benefits
The ER programme when Implemented correctly will provide value adding operational performance:
- Equipment performs reliably and is capable of satisfactory performance under all design and operational conditions.
- Critical equipment is based on importance to safety function and asset risk.
- Equipment and system performance criteria are established, performance is monitored, adverse trends are identified, and corrective actions are implemented and verified for effectiveness.
- Failures and failure causes of concern are identified as a minimum for critical structure, system, or components performing important and critical functions and measures are established to prevent them.
- Predictive maintenance technologies are implemented appropriately and proportionately to detect equipment degradation well in advance of functional failure and to optimise equipment performance.
- Equipment ageing and obsolescence is managed appropriately and proportionately using preventive maintenance techniques and asset management.
- Documented technical bases exist for maintenance activities and ageing management programmes.
- Equipment performance data and associated trend information are uniformly collected and are readily accessible to support the prompt identification of problems and root causes.
- Equipment unavailability associated with preventive maintenance activities is balanced by the resulting improved equipment reliability and availability from prevented failures.
GET IN TOUCHCONTACT US
Whether you are responsible for implementing a proactive maintenance programme for a new plant or existing plant, the success relies on achieving safety, reliability and availability goals – and PCMS Engineering have the expertise, technology and processes to achieve these goals.
For more information contact us on 01709 876712 or email email@example.com