This course is a basic introduction to the ultrasonics and is ideal for those that might have ultrasound equipment but have been trained to operate it, or those personnel that are new to ultrasonics and want to understand the technology and how it works.
During this course, delegates will investigate the different types of ultrasound waves, the applications that ultrasound testing can be applied to, and how to take more effective measurements using your own or industry standard equipment.
The course content can be adjusted to meet your requirements, focussing on the applications that are relevant to your plant.
- Understand the benefits of using ultrasonic.
- Gain a basic understanding of ultrasonic testing techniques.
- Understand the different condition indicators.
- Able to take ultrasonic measurements correctly.
- Know of the different applications that ultrasound testing can be applied to.
- Confident in compiling and interpreting reports.
- Characteristics of ultrasound waves
- Types of waves
- Equipment evaluation & comparison
- Basic navigation
- Condition indicators
- Uranalysis Software
- Inspections & testing
The candidate will undertake an internal multiple-choice examination at the end of the course.
Candidates who achieve a +70% overall score in the examination will pass the course and receive a course certificate.