PCMS Engineering (part of the British Engineering Services Group) are hiring a Business Development Manager to join our growing Sales team. We are an independent provider of reliability and condition based maintenance solutions, consultancy and training services and work closely with our customers to help them improve productivity and prolong the life of critical machinery.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-moving business which has benefitted from recent investment and has strong growth plans. As a Business Development Manager, you will play a pivotal role, working between the Business Development and Oil Laboratory teams. You will be growing our Oil Analysis and Lubrication services by identifying and engaging with new customers, evaluating their business requirements and winning new contracts.
What will I be doing?
You will be working independently to develop a sales strategy for your industry sector, looking to grow long term and profitable business by monitoring and researching the sector to identify, approach and qualify new customers in line with PCMS’ goals. This will involve developing leads, visiting customers to demonstrate our services and managing your pipeline of customer opportunities.
You will be supported by a wider team of Marketing and Technical specialists to achieve sales for your area of responsibility in a varied and exciting role that provides significant scope and autonomy to drive revenue. As a key player, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction and growth of the Company’s services across a wide variety of business sectors.
- Lead and/or contribute to the winning of new customers; including making presentations, engaging in negotiations, ensuring follow-up and production of necessary documentation.
- Visit customer sites to present our services and survey their current requirements.
- Manage new customers set-up, including the creation of accurate records and required documentation
- Contribute to the development of effective business strategies, priorities and market propositions, drawing on you own industry knowledge and understanding of our products and competitors.
- Proactively keep abreast of established companies and new start-ups. Sharing industry knowledge with your colleagues, raising your understanding of opportunities, across the wider Company.
- Build good working relationships with your peers and across the business; sharing opportunities for cross-selling of the multi-department service portfolio.
- Attend industry events – webinars, forums, conferences, debates – remaining informed on competitors entering the market.
What makes PCMS a great place to work?
If you work for us, you will get the below and, so much more:
- A competitive salary between £35k – £38k (depending on experience) + sales bonus scheme
- Company Car
- A comprehensive training programme
- A flexible working approach, the role will involve travel to customer sites over 3-4 days per week, with home working available as required (you must have suitable wifi, and provide your own office set up)
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme
What experience do I need?
We are seeking a highly motivated, ambitious individual to join our experienced team. You will be a dynamic salesperson who thrives in a target driven environment, with a strong drive to succeed. You will enjoy travelling to meet a variety of customers to generate new business wins and optimise the opportunities available to grow your portfolio. You may have experience as an Engineer Surveyor, Maintenance Manager, Fleet Manager, Fleet Engineer or Oil & Lubrication Technician now looking for your next role within business development, or you may be an experienced Business Development or Sales Executive with technical knowledge of our related sectors.
- Offer significant experience in a related sector; Transport, Oil & Gas, Drilling or Energy (knowledge of the condition monitoring and service sector and/or oil analysis would also be advantageous)
- Possess highly effective sales, communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrate experience in managing bids, tenders, contract negotiations and opportunity pipelines
- Excel in relationship building, owing to your strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be highly methodical, having the ability to multi-task and prioritise while paying close attention to meeting targets.
- Naturally, you will have excellent attention to detail as you will be working with detailed proposals and CRM systems (experience using MS Dynamics would also be an advantage)
Interested? If so, apply by clicking here and a member of the British Engineering Services Careers team will be in touch regarding your application.